Sunday, January 6, 2008

Deception in HIGH places

I went to the bookshop looking for the my next 'favourite' author. I mean there's only so much James Patterson a girl can take before she turns into Hannibal Lector. Anyway at the store, immediately, one title literarily jumped off the page 'GOT THE LOOK' by James Grippando. I read the reviews. "SENSATIONAL, GRIPPING, I COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN, NEW YORK TIMES BEST SELLING AUTHOR" and of course the one that got me "THE NEXT JAMES PATTERSON". What? How could they compare some unknown to the brilliance that is James Patterson. (Those of you who have seen Kiss the Girls and Along came a Spider and loved it have not experienced 30 per cent of James' potential. I know I sound like a freak right now but trust me, he is that good. Larry King agrees). I had to read this book.

I bought it got home and boy was i gripped. Gripped by SLEEP and the only thing "sensational" about the book were the reviews and of course that little summary or should I say intro at the back.

I was soo disappointed, I read Patterson books in one night during exams but it took me one month to get thru this one. I even substituted this book for my valium meds (lol).

The next time you go the the book shop. Remember, NEVER judge a book by its cover or by its reviews.

2 comments:

Chakams said...

Ouch..that must hav been one dry book...one thing to note is dis:always remember a critic's view on a book,show or movie is that individual's personal thots...as we know,u may not necessarily show that person's opinion..too bad u found out d hard way..as for james patterson,i've neva read any of his books..although i've watched 'along came a spider'..wld look out for one of his books in d near future..

T.Williams-A said...

Hmmmnnn..... reminds me of a book I once read. Come to think of it, I still haven't finished the book. Not sure I ever got past the 3rd chapter. I have no clue where the book is.