Wednesday, January 23, 2008

To DIE for.(A Tribute to Heath Ledger)

I was driving listeing to the radio when the newscaster said something about some accounting ledger found dead in his apartment. An accounting ledger? "what are these Nigerians on about now" I thought. Then she said something about BROKEBACK mountain. "who acted that? Jake Gyllenhaal and hum... Oh MY GODNESS HEATH LEDGER". "DEAD? at 28?" I could not believe it. The car was moving to slowly. Where were the brakes again? Where am I? Even more importantly, where was I going? We've all experienced a star we admire dying. Whether its was 2pac, Elvis Presley, Marilyn, Biggy, Princess Di, Aaliyah, Left eye, Barry White, Luther Vandross or even Jam master Jay. But I hav to say, non of them have hit me as much as this tragic death. He was not particularly my favourite actor,I mean if I made a list of my top ten favourite actors he wouldn't be on it. I didn't think he was exceptionally handsome. Lets face it, he was no Colin Farrell, I didnt exactly enjoy Brokeback mountain, I liked the overall concept but not the plot, and im definately not a sucker for an aussie accent. So, what was it? I DONT KNOW. Lets just say there was just Something about Heath. Im moved to tears by the death of a star that shone so brightly. I mourn him for the actor he was, the legend he could have been and the daughter, Matilda, he would never see grow. Goodbye Heath. You left us too soon. We'll miss you.

2 comments:

Chakams said...

Tragic indeed...at 28..apparently drug-related..

T.Williams-A said...

Yah it really is a real shame. Kinda makes you wonder what made him overdose on sleeping pills (if that was what happened) but apparently he was on medication on some anti-anxiety pills. We always think stars have it all...

I remember him so well from 10 things I hate about you.

RIP!